Sunday, August 5, 2012

Movie Talk #2: Batman Reboot 2016 and Justice League Movie

       This week, Warner Bros. released some information about the upcoming Batman reboot that I felt I needed to share to you people. Yeah that's right, The Dark Knight Rises has been out for 3 weeks in the USA and were talking about the reboot. Did I mention that it is only coming out in four years? In 2016, we will be getting Batman again but this time, leading up for the Justice League movie. When I hear this I think three things:

  1. I'll give it a try
  2. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What?
  3. Confused.

       Warner Bros. also shared that this will not be an origin story (Thank God) and will actually be taking place two years into Bruce Wayne being the Batman. There will probably be some kind of flashback to his parent's death. He will most likely fight the Joker but I really want The Riddler in a movie done right and not wearing pajamas like in Batman Forever. Speaking of Batman Forever, I would also like a longer story with Two-Face that is good. In the Dark Knight, Harvey Dent with his face burnt was only in the last third of the movie.
      This new Batman reboot will be leading up to The Justice League movie that exists because of the success of the Avengers. An article that I read said that Man of Steel would introduce us to the DC Universe that the Justice League will exist in. I'm guessing the movies leading up to Justice League will be Man of Steel. The Batman (most likely the title), a Wonder Woman movie, and a Flash movie. If the Batman reboot (which I said will be called The Batman as of right now) comes out in 2016, then a Green Lantern movie reboot could come out to replace last year's disaster movie. So, with all this news about a Batman reboot, what do you think and if Riddler were to be the villian, who should play him? I am stuck between Johnny Depp and David Tennant but somebody edited a photo of Johnny Depp as The Riddler and it looks awesome. So stay tuned for my review of the Bourne Trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment