Friday, August 10, 2012

Episode 31: THE BOURNE LEGACY- Movie Review

     The Bourne Legacy is directed by Tony Gilroy and stars Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, and Edward Norton. An expansion of the universe from Robert Ludlum's novels, this movie centers on a new hero whose stakes have been triggered by the events of the previous films.
     I was very excited for the Bourne Legacy because Jeremy Renner proved that he could be good in an action movie with Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and the twelve minutes of him in the Avengers. Now that I've seen the movie, I think that Jeremy Renner proved that he can be a good action lead. Jeremy Renner was great and so was Rachel Weisz. Edward Norton was also great but he wasn't in a lot of scenes. The action scenes were awesome including a motorcycle chase in the final act. There is also a scene that takes place in a lab that was extremely intense. I think some audience might not want to see it due to certain events going on right now. This movie was pretty good and it was better than I thought it would be with the mixed reviews it has gotten.
       There was one problem that I had with this movie though. At the start of this movie, we keep skipping to different locations every two to three scenes to introduce characters. Anyway, I really liked the Bourne Legacy and I'll give it an 7.5/10. So I'd like to know, what is your favorite action movie of the year so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment